Study Permits allows foreign nationals to study at a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) in Canada.
A study permit is not a visit visa- should your application process be successful- an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) or TRV (Temporary Visit Visa) will be issued alongside a letter confirming application approval.
There are eligibility requirements that need to be met in order to receive your study permit some of which include:
- A letter of Acceptance from a DLI submitted with application
- Have sufficient financial support to cover year one of tuition, living expenses and return ticket home
- Have a clean criminal record
- Be in good health
- Obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (Quebec Acceptance Certificate, or CAQ) if choosing to study in the province of Quebec
- Satisfy the Canadian Immigration Officer that s/he will depart at as authorized by the study permit
Additional Documents that are required for a Study Permit include:
- Applicants Passport, as well as any family members included on the application
- Passport photos (2) with full name and date of birth
- A copy of marriage certificate if applicable
- Additional documents may be required by the visa office
In order to obtain more information on how you can complete your study permit application, talk to one of our trusted certified immigration consultants today!