Temporary Resident

Temporary Resident Visa Applications

If you are not a resident or citizen of Canada and are looking to visit for a specific duration- you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) also known as a Visitor Visa.

This is an official document that is issued by the Canadian Visa Office which proves that you have met the eligibility requirements to enter Canada.

There are three categories that you can fall under for a TRV:

  • As a Visitor
  • As a Student
  • As a Worker

An Officer will assess to ensure you will only be in Canada temporarily and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

For a TRV application you must also do the following:

  • Have enough funds to maintain yourself/family members in Canada and enough to return home
  • Have no intentions to work/study in Canada unless authorized to do so
  • Satisfy an officer that you will depart Canada at the end of your stay
  • Have no criminal record and be law abiding
  • Not be a risk to the security of Canada
  • Be in good health, and
  • Provide any additional documents required by an Officer

To know more about how to complete a Temporary Visa Form to gain a Visitor Visa, contact the expert team at Just To Canada inc.

Work Permit Applications

In order to be able to work in Canada as a non-resident or citizen, you must obtain a work visa.

Work Visas for Canada are issued by the IRCC under the Temporary Foreign Work Program.

You can be considered for a work permit by various means, some of which include:

  • Obtaining a job offer from a Canadian employer
  • Some employers are required to provide a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • This proves to the Canadian Government that there is a need for foreign workers to fill
  • Other requirement may include candidate proving connection to Canada

The type of work permit you need is dependent on the type of work that you do.
Work Permits are temporary and are not meant to permit immigration to Canada.

For more information on if you are eligible to work in Canada, talk to one of our licensed consultants.