Temporary Resident Visa Applications
If you are not a resident or citizen of Canada and are looking to visit for a specific duration- you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) also known as a Visitor Visa.
This is an official document that is issued by the Canadian Visa Office which proves that you have met the eligibility requirements to enter Canada.
There are three categories that you can fall under for a TRV:
- As a Visitor
- As a Student
- As a Worker
An Officer will assess to ensure you will only be in Canada temporarily and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
For a TRV application you must also do the following:
- Have enough funds to maintain yourself/family members in Canada and enough to return home
- Have no intentions to work/study in Canada unless authorized to do so
- Satisfy an officer that you will depart Canada at the end of your stay
- Have no criminal record and be law abiding
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada
- Be in good health, and
- Provide any additional documents required by an Officer
To know more about how to complete a Temporary Visa Form to gain a Visitor Visa, contact the expert team at Just To Canada inc.